We offer an electronic (e-waste) recycling service at Summerhill Waste Management Centre.
Newcastle residents can use the service, free of charge, to dispose of up to 10 items per visit. Proof of address is required.
Charges apply for additional quantities, and for commercial customers or non-residents.
- CD drives
- CD players
- Computers - desktop PCs, notebooks, laptops and tablets
- Computer monitors: CRT and flat screen (LED, LCD or Plasma)
- Computer peripherals (keyboards, mice, joysticks, webcam)
- Computer towers
- DVD players
- Electrical and electronic tools - sewing machines, drills, saws, welding tools, electric mowers and tools for other gardening activities.
- Electronic games/toys
- Fax machines
- Floppy discs
- Gaming consoles
- Hard drives
- iPads, iPods, tablets
- Mobile phones, chargers and accessories (no batteries)
- Multi-function devices
- Networking equipment
- Phones: landline and mobile
- Power tools
- Printers (desktop)
- Small household appliances e.g. kettles, toasters, irons, vacuum cleaners, hairdryers, carpet sweepers, irons, electric knives, electric shavers, handheld electric mixers, fans.
- Sound equipment
- Televisions - CRT and flat screen (LED, LCD or Plasma)
- UPS units
- Vacuum cleaners
- VCR players
- Video cameras
The following items are not accepted:
- CDs, DVDs and VHS tapes (place in your red-lid general waste bin).
- CD, DVD and VHS cases (recycle empty cases in your yellow-lid recycling bin).
- Commercial and industrial equipment (visit the Business Recycling website for disposal options or enquire with a commercial waste operator).